My thoughts on this weeks Gospel Entertainment Happenings…
1. After her surprise announcement, Le’Andria Johnson held her live recording for her next album on July 11th. The event took place in St. Stephen Baptist Church in Stafford, Texas. There was also a live streaming feed via her Ustream. I attempted to watch, but with audio and visual complications I lost interest and will have to wait for the DVD to released. Other than that, I’m happy that LeAndria isn’t wallowing in her mistakes of having a baby out-of-wedlock but is continuing her music ministry.
2. Despite rumors that the suit had been dropped, a statement released (via Neechy.com) by Travis’ management states otherwise. Travis Malloy is continuing his lawsuit against Darius Paulk over the copyrights of the hit song, “Nobody Greater” made famous by VaShawn Mitchell. I’ve become a fan of Travis Malloy since the beginning of the year, I just hope and pray that the truth comes out and that these guys can settle this matter with decency and integrity in tact. Prayers for all involved.
3. Tarralyn Ramsey hits reality TV…again! This time Ramsey is set to be apart of the hit television singing competition show, X Factor USA. This will mark Tarralyn’s third attempt on a reality competition show, the last being NBC’s The Voice, where after one of the dopest battles, going against Frenchie Davis, Tarralyn was sent home by Christina Aguileria. I hope this time X Factor provides Tarralyn with a better stance of getting to where ever she is trying to go. Tarralyn has been at it for over 10 years now, trying to get put on. Could this possibly be it for her?! I know I’ll be watching! For more and to hear her audition check it out on Da Gospel Truth!
4. Now this is major! The Contagious Tour featuring indie artists Todd Dulaney, Brittney Wright, Shana Wilson, KJ Scriven and Alex Holt & Free Worship! This sounds so dope, I’ve heard the buzz about majority of these artists and this will be a great introduction to them and their music ministry if you don’t know much about them like myself. I’m excited and hoping that a tour stop in NC is on the list! The tour kicks off in September 2012. For more info check it out on The Gospel Guru!
5. BET Sunday Best winner Amber Bullock released her debut album So In Love this week! It’s dope! I love all of the different elements she’s put into the album. There’s a lot of different sounds on the album and I love it! I have like 3 Favorite tracks already and I’m only on my second listen! I had the great pleasure to interview Amber and talk with her about the album. On the Gospel Pundit, EJ also have a great interview where, they discuss her recent performance on the BET Awards and if that in a way made her feel better about not getting an invite to perform on the BET Celebration of Gospel. Check it out! In the comments folks went on about how she came off rude and arrogant, but I understand Amber’s take on the whole situation. I do feel that she could have left out the remarks (seeming to down play) about Toni Scruggs getting a spotlight. From what I hear Toni has paid her dues and deserved that spotlight, no matter how weird and kinda out-of-place it was.
So there you have it! My 5 Thoughts On Gospel, what are your thoughts?! Comment below!